Ozone and Cooking Odors
An irritating odor from foods can come from burning, rotting or just continuous use. This can be a problem when deciding to buy or sell a home or business. It could also be a factor for people who have allergies or are extremely sensitive to smells. The list could be endless!
Some examples include:
- Spoiled milk
- Burnt plastic
- Deep fryer oil odor
- Bacon odor
- Curry odor
- Egg odors
- Burnt casserole
- Freezer / fridge unplugged or electricity out
- Moldy food
Ozone treatment will effectively handle cooking odors of all types. Deodorizing the cooking odors with ozone is a guarantee.
The main factors for determining success in deodorizing food odors:
- Analyzing the severity of the odor
- Capacity of the ozone generator
- Total volume of airspace being treated
- Air flow rate
Steps to cleaning the source of the odor:
- Identify the source: Where is the odor originating from?
- Clean the area with a solvent and let it dry.
- Rent an ozone generator to eliminate the odor that is lingering in the air.
- Wall Problem: Greasy film on the paint smeared during the cleaning process, leaving an uneven paint job. Answer: Finish the cleaning process with a grease attacking cleaning agent and repaint with a stain proof resistant sealer. If no film is present the ozone at a high level will eliminate the odor.
- Ceiling Problem: Loose texture from an oily thick residue? Answer: Scrape off the loose and re-coat the texture. Ozone the room for up to 24 hrs. Spray a thin coating of sealer and repaint. Caution: Depending on the age and strength of the texture, multiple coats of paint might be too much weight, causing the texture to loosen from the ceiling. Ozone deodorizing is the best answer.
- Wood work, windows and other structural items: Clean thoroughly with a grease attacking cleaning agent. If repainting is not necessary then the easy, inexpensive high output ozone process will eliminate the odor best.
- Carpeting Problem: A cooking grease film in the carpet. Answer: A Deep-down shampoo cleaning of the carpeting with a grease attacking cleaning agent. Ozone deodorizing after the cleaning process will eliminate the odors for good.