Bottled Water and Ozone
A fast-acting and effective treatment technology, ozone is now used in a variety of water treatment applications. Ozone treatment is becoming widely used for bottled water in North America, making it the most rapidly growing market for ozone.
Ozone Benefits for the Beverage Market
- Ozone is superior to any other disinfection method because of its high oxidation state.
- Ozone allows for lower operating costs and reduces overall chemical costs.
- Ozone is not typically associated with by-products and naturally reverts to oxygen, so no taste or odor is associated after its use.
- Ozone is generated on-site. Therefore no dangerous storage or handling is required.
- The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) suggests a residual ozone level of 0.2 to 0.4 ppm. This provides disinfection to both the water and the bottle.
- Destroying bacteria instantly, ozone works faster than any other oxidant on the market!