Operating Cost of Ozone
Compare the operating cost of ozone vs. bleach and peracetic acid.
Note: For pathogen destruction, 2 ppm ozone is equivalent to 160 ppm bleach, which is also equivalent to 100 ppm PAA.
- Run Time: 8 hours/day
- Operating Days/Week: 5
- Water Consumption Flow Rate: 4.67
- Bleach (12% NaOH) Cost: $10/gallon
- Peracetic Acid (PAA) Cost: $10/gallon
- Target Bleach Concentration: 160 ppm
- Target PAA Concentration: 100 ppm
- Target Ozone Concentration: 2 ppm
A Waterzone-20 is used for operating cost comparison data.