To buy a specific amount of Carulite-200: each quantity is one pound, and the largest quantity is a 44 pound pale.
An example of buying Carulite-200:
You want to buy 100 pounds of Carulite. To do this, simply order 100 Carulite. When you do this, we will automatically send you the largest available quantity at a time. So, when ordering 100 pounds, you will receive two 44-pound pales and a 12-pound bag of carulite.
CARULITE 200 granular catalyst is used to destroy ozone produced in commercial digital printing applications. Ozone in the air we breathe causes serious health problems. Ozone also destroys expensive printing equipment because it corrodes most metals and damages most plastics.
CARULITE 200 granular catalyst converts ozone into oxygen through a catalytic reaction and is not consumed by ozone, providing a long lifetime. Activated carbon, an alternative technology, chemically reacts with ozone and requires continual replacement. Another disadvantage of carbon is that it generates carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and can be a fire hazard with high ozone concentrations.
Over time your catalyst will become contaminated and less useful to destroy ozone. Due to this, we recommend you replace your ozone destruct catalyst annually. Common contaminants that will poison your Carulte-200 are listed below:
- Sulfer compounds
- Halogenated compounds
- Water (condensed water will destroy Carulte-200)
- Formula Manganese dioxide/copper oxide catalyst
- Appearance Black/dark brown granular
- Bulk Density 0.75-0.89 g/cc
- Surface Area ³ 200 m2/g
- Weight Loss < 1%
PARTICLE SIZES AVAILABLE
- 4 x 8 mesh granular (4.8 mm x 2.4 mm)
- 8 x 14 mesh granular (2.4 mm x 1.4 mm)
HANDLING, STORAGE, AND INCOMPATIBILITY
- Although CARULITE 200 catalyst is not a hazardous substance, it should be handled with care. Protective equipment in handling should include safety glasses or goggles and rubber or plastic gloves. In cases where high dust exposure may exist, the use of NIOSH-MSHA dust respirator or an air-supplied respirator is advised.
- The product should be stored in a cool, dry area in a closed container. Segregate from easily-oxidizable materials, peroxides, chlorates, and acids. Protect container against physical damage. Spillage should be collected and disposed of properly.
- Potable water off-gas
- Wastewater off-gas
- Corona treater emissions
- Office equipment emissions
- Chemical processing emissions
How long does the catalyst last
Catalyst life will be dependent upon contaminates and overall use. We recommend replacing catalyst annually to ensure continuous and reliable ozone destruction.
What shortens the catalyst life
Water condensing on the catalyst will damage the catalyst that water condenses on. This is why heaters and water traps are recommended on all applications where ozone is destroyed in moist air or ozone off-gas applications
Hydrocarbons, VOC’s, Sulfer compounds, Halogenated compounds, Heavy metals, Nox, and Silica will all poison the catalyst and shorten the life.
Is there a shelf life for the catalyst? Can we buy a rebuild kit and keep it on the shelf
There is no shelf life for the catalyst. It will last indefinitely on the shelf. Store in cool, dry area in a closed container. Segregate from easily oxidizable materials.
Is the spent catalyst considered a hazardous material
The catalyst is not a hazardous substance, however, it should be handled with care. Protective equipment in handling including, safety glasses, and gloves should be used.
Disposal of the catalyst in a standard landfill is approved after verifying that it is not contaminated with hazardous substances through usage.
This stuff looks like carbon, can we just use carbon material instead
While carbon will destroy ozone it is not a safe option. The carbon + ozone reaction will generate heat during ozone destruction. As carbon is a great fuel source and can burn it can ignite with the oxygen gas flowing through the carbon. With a source of oxygen + carbon the fire will be extremely hot and could cause major destruction to the surrounding infrastructure. Carulite, will not create this level of heat, and carulite will not burn.
Carbon destruction of ozone is not a catalytic reaction. Carbon + Ozone = CO and CO2. Over time the carbon will become spent and will not destroy ozone safely.
Do you offer repair/rebuild kits for other brands of destruct units
- Yes we do. The Carulite 200 material used for catalyst material is the same in most all catalytic ozone destruct units. We can provide this catalyst, screens, gaskets, heaters, water traps and every part you might need.
California Regulatory Warning
Use in unoccupied spaces only.
Health hazard warning: emits ozone.
This product is not CARB Certified (Ozone Emissions for Air Cleaners).
Product Disclaimer: Does not meet California air cleaner regulation requirements; cannot be shipped to California.