Purpose – Ozone Solutions wishes to discreetly and non-intrusively provide a continuous dispensing of an organic cleaning agent (ozone) for significantly reducing the bacterial/viral load inside of an enclosed space.
Theory of Operation – A low output ozone generator continuously emits an ultra-low dosage of gaseous ozone into an enclosed space utilizing the pre-existing HVAC system to increase diffusion and maximize effectiveness.
Installation Process – Installation of Ozone Solutions’ PTAC2 unit involves mounting the unit into the HVAC return air stream, preferably just before the air handler’s filter element. An accompanying installation kit contains a small bracket attachment to simplify the unit’s mounting. Typically, the PTAC2 is hung from a pre-existing wooden support running horizontally inside of the HVAC closet with the power cord facing down and the O3 outlet facing up into the filter element. A suitable wall outlet for plugging in the power supply must be located, and the power cord discreetly routed from the power supply into the HVAC closet and into the PTAC2 receptacle. Lastly, turn on the unit via the onboard switch and note the date of installation for maintenance referencing.
Maintenance Schedule –
Intervals – *Highly influenced by environmental conditions*
• Strongly Recommended: monthly filter replacement and delicate wiping of the ozone plate with a lint free alcohol wipe containing at least 70% isopropyl alcohol.
• For best experiences and continued optimal operation, PTAC2 units require an annual service performed at one of Ozone Solutions’ facilities. Average service completion time is one day. Please speak with your sales representative if you wish to maintain uninterrupted operation, and they will provide further information on the available preventative maintenance exchange programs.
Consumables – *Available for purchase through Ozone Solutions*
• Maximum of 12 single-use medical grade alcohol wipes
• Maximum of 12 single-use OEM air filter elements
• Minimum of 4 single-use medical grade alcohol wipes
• Minimum of 4 single-use OEM air filter elements
California Regulatory Warning
They are to be used in unoccupied spaces only.
Health hazard warning: emits ozone.