Antimicrobial Ice Protection device uses a unique, synthetic diamond-based technology to continuously treat incoming water used by ice machines, killing the bacteria in the water and ice-making path from beginning to end. With each cycle, EcO3Ice creates a small, but effective, amount of ozone – nature’s favorite sanitizer – which continuously treats the machine interior, storage bin, remote bin and drains. By dramatically slowing growth of biofilm, mold and yeast colonies, EcO3Ice reduces build-up and greatly extends time between cleanings. A twist-on cartridge, which renews the antimicrobial capability is replaced by the operator every 6 to 24 months.
The Problem – Manage your Risk
- Ice machines are the perfect environment for mold, bacteria and fungal
growth (E. Coli, Salmonella, Legionella, etc)
- Pathogens in the water supply and ice can cause customers to get sick
Health inspectors can target ice machines for code violations resulting in
fines or shut downs
- Employees and unsanitized equipment can contribute to cross
contamination of untreated ice Ice is Food. Treat your machine as a food contact area/food prep surface
Simplifies Your Sanitizing
- Connects in about 15 minutes to incoming water line using standard
- Unit indicator lights tell when to change the cartridge or when the unit
needs service – Green = good (making AO), Yellow = replace cartridge
soon, Red = ice being made, no AO
- Proven to dramatically slow the growth of biofilm, mold and yeast
- Fewer cleanings, reduces downtime and expenses and uses no toxic
- Twist-on cartridge replaced every 6 to 24 months depending on the ice
machine make/model, ice volume, and water quality
- Model X1-For all manufacturers and all size nugget and flake ice machines up to .34 gpm of water volume.
- Model X4-For all make/model cube size ice machines up to 1.3 gpm of water volume.
California Regulatory Warning
Use in unoccupied spaces only.
Health hazard warning: emits ozone.
This product is not CARB Certified (Ozone Emissions for Air Cleaners).
Product Disclaimer: Does not meet California air cleaner regulation requirements; cannot be shipped to California.