Ozone helps destroy harmful substances, colors, odors, and microorganisms directly without harmful byproducts or the creation of residue. Ozone will also help remove tensides, phenols, cyanides, and discolorations from wastewater. Dissolved Ozone Flotation (DOF) is a new advancement that makes Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) and Dissolved Gas Flotation (DGF) systems more efficient for wastewater treatment. Ozone Solutions' systems are ideal for a wide array of industries, including pharmaceuticals, textiles, automotive, and many others. The benefits of ozone combined with Ozone Solutions' industry-leading technology and service provide a powerful choice for wastewater disinfection including the treatment of complex industrial waste.
Ozone Benefits for Wastewater Treatment
- More effective than chlorine in destroying viruses and bacteria.
- Utilizes a short contact time.
- No harmful residuals that need to be removed after ozonation because ozone decomposes rapidly.
- No regrowth of microorganisms, except for those protected by the particulates in the wastewater stream.
- Generated onsite, and thus, there are fewer safety problems associated with shipping and handling.
- Elevates the Dissolved Oxygen (DO) concentration of the effluent.
- Can eliminate the need for reaeration and also raise the level of DO in the receiving stream.
- Clean, safe and reliable, taking up less space and less equipment than many chemical treatment/storage systems.
- Saves money by eliminating on-going chemical costs.
- Destroys all bacteria without preference to one type of organism. Ozone will also remove some BOD, COD, and many other contaminants in the wastewater stream.
- Filtration will not be necessary after ozone disinfection.
- Fewer secondary by-products like Trihalomethanes (THM) are formed with the use of ozone.
- Ozone is most effective, however, by either eliminating or significantly reducing precursors in the raw water responsible for THM formation.
- Oxidation of odor causing compounds in the water may also be a secondary effect of ozone use in wastewater.
- Odor control may be completed during the disinfection process.
- Micro-pollutant removal and eliminates the need to add processes in the treatment stream with future regulations.